In this episode of the Kurz Wind Podcast, we sit down with John McKay, VP of Operations at Gearbox Express, to discuss everything from his introduction to the Wind Industry to the processes that make Gearbox Express successful in the industry.
Some of the questions we go over:
- What is John’s introduction to the Wind industry? (You’d never guess!)
- What makes the Clipper Turbine gearbox so unique?
- The importance of innovation, and failing forward, in the Wind industry.
- The origin story of Gearbox Express.
- Remanufacturing vs. Repairing – what are the key differences, and why do we recommend remanufactured?
- What is Gearbox Express’s process of breaking down a brand-new gearbox to identify the ‘why’ behind the first failure?
- How the heck do they remanufacture main shafts?
- John might have a second career in investigative journalism (you read that right)!
- Can you measure the real cost of a catastrophic gearbox failure?
- What does turnkey mean to Gearbox Express?
- What song would John sing at Karaoke to get the crowd pumped up?
- Role models, their importance, and who John looks up to the most.
- Advice on how to be successful in the Wind industry.
- Dan learns that Six Sigma is not Jiu-Jitsu.
- Super Bowl predictions and Tom Brady.
To reach John:
Categorised in: Best Wind Industry Podcast - Kurz Wind Division
This post was written by Matt Passannante