Freqcon Ultracapacitors Podcast Episode #16 – Kurz Wind
On this episode of the Kurz Wind Podcast, Dan Frantz sits down with Klaus Harder, Business Development manager of Freqcon GMBH, the 20 and 30NM Ultracapacitors GE turbines.
Wind Topics Covered During Kurz Wind’s Sixteenth Podcast About Freqcon Ultracapacitors
- Klaus discussed his initial introduction to the industry when he was 15 years old while riding his bicycle near the Germany and Denmark border.
- The origin story of the ultracapacitor at Freqcon (Hint: they originally built power converters).
- What is the difference between an Ultracapacitor and a battery?
- Who are the best candidates for the Ultracapacitor technology?
- So, you’re saying I can replace my pitch batteries AND charger cards?
- Are there other applications where this technology can be used?
- What is the difference between the US Wind market and other markets globally?
- Offshore Wind Farm maintenances and helicopters.
- He even personally invites the listeners to fly to German and try his mother’s traditional German food!
Click here to read more about our feature in Feedspot’s Top-10 Wind Power Industry Podcasts!
Categorised in: Best Wind Industry Podcast - Kurz Wind Division
This post was written by Matt Passannante